Best Diaper Bags. The best accessory for any new mom is a great designer diaper bag that looks great and keeps all of your baby gear in order. Here are some cute diaper bags in many styles. From the super luxe baby bag or a basic black diaper bag to the funky baby bag for the mom-to-be, I hope you find a great diaper bag (or two!) that you love.
Top Designer Baby Bags
For all of the super chic modern moms our there – here are the super luxe designer baby bags. Pass over the IT handbag of the season and splurge on one of these fabulous diaper bags instead.
Best Diaper Bags
Below you will find more of the best diaper bags and super cute baby bags. There are lots of wonderful colors and prints to choose from.
Where to Shop for the Best Diaper Bags
I will admit to owning six diaper bags (much to my husband’s bewilderment). My excuse is that most of them were gifts. I love them all and have used each and every one of them. Just like a purse, you don’t always feel like using the same one week after week. I like bigger bags for longer trips, my Petunia Pickle Bottom bags when I want something that is really cute, and my Kate Spade bags for something chic and clean. I also had to find a bag that my husband would be willing to tote around. I hope you can find at least one, if not more options that fit the bill for you.
Amazon – lots and lots of diaper bags
Burberry – designer diaper bags
Etsy – handmade diaper bags
Kate Spade – designer baby bags & diaper bags
MommaCouture – fully insulated designer diaper bags
Saks Fifth Avenue – lots of high-end designer baby bags
Skip Hop – diaper bags and accessories
Storksak – baby bags and accessories
The Land of Nod – The Land of Nod sale is going on now!
Buying a Diaper Bag – Tips & Recommendations
There are so many wonderful diaper bags on the market today it is difficult to know where to start in making a decision. Here are a few tips, ideas to consider and important questions to ask yourself.
1) How badly do you want a designer diaper bag? The Prada diaper bag is very tempting and how about the Gucci diaper bag? If you are a designer handbag junkie and this is your first child, I have a suspicion that you will find someone to buy you a gorgeous designer diaper bag. You can justify the purchase because it is actually a very useful item and not simply another designer handbag to add to your collection.
2) Do you want basic black diaper bag or a fun color or print? This may help you narrow down your choices if you know you want a really basic diaper bag or one that is colorful and fashionable, like the ever popular Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bags.
3) Are you still going to carry a handbag or will your diaper bag need to fit your personal items too? If you want to be able to carry your wallet, keys and glasses in your diaper bag, you may want a diaper bag that is a little larger or at least has a compartment where you can easily access your personal items. If you don’t have your baby with you will you still want to leave the house with the diaper bag or do you need to be able to easily move your stuff into a handbag?
4) Messenger Style vs. Tote Diaper Bag. I have both types of diaper bags and like both. The messenger style bags are great when you want to have your hands free. Sometimes it was a bit much to carry the bag and the baby.
5) Would you really carry a backpack diaper bag? I actually like backpacks because you can balance the weight better than having something hanging on just one shoulder. I have other friends that would never be caught wearing a backpack. A backpack diaper bag can be a great option for many, depending on your preference.
6) Is your husband going to use the diaper bag too? This related to item #2 above. There are diaper bags made just for dads that don’t look like a woman’s handbag. Buy him his own bag if he is going to have an issue or get a basic black diaper bag or one that is a solid color or simple print. Or you can just tell him to get a life….
7) How many diaper bags are you going to buy? I bought one diaper bag but received 4 or 5 as gifts. I know that is a bit crazy but I loved them all! My son’s babysitter had her own bag and she was able to organize it how she liked it. This was convenient for us. Also, I had a smaller bag for quick outings which was nice too. Related to item #1 – if you are just going to buy one diaper bag, you can justify splurging a little more…
8)Think about the velcro! A number of very very cute diaper bags have lots of velcro and just in case you didn’t know, opening up velcro when you have a sleeping baby next to you is not a great idea, unless of course you are trying to wake your child up! This is a bit if a design flaw in my book – but in some cases the diaper bags are so cute you might overlook it. Or maybe your baby will be a better sleeper than mine.
9) What sort of fabric do you want? Some of you are far more practical than I am and will want a diaper bag that can easily be wiped clean or thrown in the washing machine. Some of the best looking diaper bags have to be dry cleaned or can’t really be cleaned at all. Just something to think about…
10) Do you want to be able to attach your diaper bag to your stroller? I will answer this question for you. YES! A messenger bag makes it easy because you can throw it over most handles. But look at the hooks and straps on the diaper bag and make sure this will work for you. It is so nice to be able to have your diaper bag attached to your stroller so you don’t have to carry it. Trust me on this one. You can also buy hooks now so you can attach your diaper bag to various strollers.
Below you will find quick links to more great resources on Sweet Peas & Stilettos:
*Baby* Modern Mom Favorites – Baby Shower Invitations & Activity Ideas – Mom Blogs & Books – Eco-Friendly Diapers – Best Diaper Bags – Designer Nursery Furniture & Bedding – Baby & Birth Announcements – Strollers – Baby Slings & Carriers – Car Seats – Designer Baby & Kids Clothes & Shoes – Nursing – Natural Soaps & Bath Time – Toys – Children’s Books – Baby Planners – Nanny Agencies – Infant Sleep Consultants – Baby Nurse – Baby Proofing – Sell or Trade Baby Gear – Celebrity Moms – Pregnancy & Maternity – Pregnancy Book & Journals – Designer Maternity Clothes – Pregnancy Websites & Blogs
*Family* Mommy Day Planners & Family Organizers – Back to School Guide – iPhone & iPad Apps for Moms – Photo Hanukkah Cards – Father’s Day Gift Guide – Graduation Announcements – Modern Holiday Cards – Photo Christmas Cards – Christmas Holiday Party Invitations – Mommy Business Cards – Kids Birthday Party Invites – Photos & Albums – Safety – Education – Green Living – Etiquette – Caregiving – Family Health – Money – Pets – Personal Assistants – Modern Personalized Stationery – Costumes & Dress-Up – Family Cars – College Prep – Family Resource Center
*Food* Cupcakes – Chocolate – Family Cookbooks – Grocery Delivery – Veggie Delivery – Meal Delivery & Personal Chefs – Best Organic Baby Food Brands & Recipes – Foodie Websites – Meal Time for Babies & Toddlers – Cute Lunch Boxes
*Travel* Luxury Spas & Mommy Getaways – Family Travel Ideas & Inspiration – Travel Planning & Booking – Home Rentals & House Swapping – Luggage – Family Air Travel Rules & Tips – Private Planes & Concierge – Business Travel Tips
*Work* Cute Laptop Bags for Work – Websites, Books & Blogs for Working Moms – Cute Business Card Holders – Designer iPad Cases – Designer iPhone Cases – Best Companies for Women – Networking & Calling Cards – Job Search – Start Your Own Company – Tips – Start Your Own Company – Resources – Executive MBA Programs for Women
*Give* Get Inspired to Give Back – Shop for a Good Cause – Donate Shoes to Charity – Donate Baby Items – Education – Donate Breast Milk – Children’s Health & Well Being – Human Rights, Advocacy & Financial Empowerment – Homeless Mothers & Children – Women’s Health
*Girl Stuff* Wedding Invitations – Designer Handbags – Bridal Shower Invites – Designer Shoes – Jewelry – Royal Wedding – Wedding Save the Date Cards – Flowers – Fragrance – Denim – Beauty, Makeup & Spa – The Mall – Best Designer Deals – Fashionista – Gossip – Connect – Diet & Fitness – Magazines – Books
*Sole Searching* Alisa’s Collection of Shoe Shopping Stories