Ultimate Father’s Day Gift Ideas. Dads don’t want ties. They don’t want a new sweater either. Most will be happy with the new Kindle or an iPad they don’t have to share with everyone else. When I ask my father what he wants for Father’s Day his answer is always the same, “No Bills” or “Save your money – don’t spend it on me.” This year I am giving my husband a ‘free pass’ for a 2 night out-of-town poker fest – the ultimate guys weekend. (I am going to give myself some sort of wife of the year award for that one!)
Surf Lessons at Witch’s Rock Surf Camp
These guys can accommodate surfers at all levels. You can get surf lessons & great day trips to some pretty famous places like Ollie’s Point (mentioned in Endless Summer 2). Book a room at the Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Resort. Looking for something closer to home? How about new boogie boards and a family day at the beach full of laughter and sunshine.
Skip Barber Racing School
Driving fast cars is obviously going to be a thrill for just about every guy I know. Skip Barber Racing School is one of the best and has about a dozen locations all over the US. Check out Bondurant Racing School too for karting. Most professional drivers, whether Nascar or F1, got their start in karting – your husband or dad may want to give it a try too.
IWC Ingenieur Series Watch
I’ve worn my grandfather’s IWC watch for the last 10 years and it is one of my most cherished possessions. This watch is cool and incredibly well built. As my friend Gene tells me, this watch makes the statement, “I’m cool enough to own a nice watch, but I’m humble enough not to put it in your face.”
Ultimate New York Yankees Game Day Experience
Visit CharityBuzzfor some fabulous adventures including this Ultimate New York Yankees Game Day Experience. Watch Batting Practice from the Dugout, Take Photos with the Players, Enjoy a Chef-Prepared Meal in the President’s Box & Much More. The proceeds for this item benefit Communities In Schools.
Have your kids design dad a funky, custom pair of sneakers.
Hunt Gather’s Ode to Joy Art Print
Art always makes a great gift and one of my favorite online galleries is now at Minted.
Electra Rat Rod Bicycle
We own 2 Electra bikes. They are very cool. Once you take a look for yourself and give them a ride around the block, you will buy one (or in our case two). Dad can ride in style this summer. And don’t forget to buy him a bike bell and Nutcase helmet too! You can spend Father’s Day riding at a local park and having a picnic with all of his favorite treats.
Diesel Messenger Bag
A messenger bag works for many men. They can be used for work, the gym or even as a dad friendly diaper bag. This very affordable one is from Diesel’s ‘Happy Days’ collection.
Please tell me your husband isn’t still watching Top Gun…
A fun (and British) look at lots of really really expensive guy stuff – cars that cost more than houses, that sort of thing.
Personalized Journal for Dad
A very practical, yet very personal gift from Minted. Fill it with pictures and notes from you and the kids to make it sentimental too.
The ultimate Father’s Day gift….duh…a Ferrari. Don’t forget to sign him up for the special Ferrari owner only driving school courses. Go to Italy with him and buy yourself something cute while he is driving in circles.
Not in the budget this year – park an electric ride-on Ferrari sports car for the kids in the garage and tell him if he is good, next year he will get his own…
Unique Father’s Day Gift Ideas – A Few More Great Gift Ideas for Men to Consider
Many of the items on the Father’s Day gift guide above are recommendations from a good friend of mine who is the ultimate guy’s guy (except that he has visited some of the best spas in the world and knows quite a bit about designer handbags). He emailed me with some more ideas to share so I wanted to include them as well. So here you go – more excellent Father’s Day gift ideas, and commentary, from my New York City based friend, Gene.
1) A REAL MEN’S SPA: Give your husband a retreat to John Allan’s in New York City. The average guy can’t tell what a good manicure is versus a bad one, but he won’t leave this place disappointed. It is a great escape for all men and after their initial visit you’ll be surprised when they tell you they are already looking forward their next one.
2) COOKING CLASSES FOR MEN: Check out the classes at the Institute of Culinary Education or the culinary center near your home. Classes on barbecuing and knife technique are great for men who love to cook, and even for those who don’t.
3) A DAY OF LAWN BOWLING: Host a guys day on the green and let them play the world’s greatest sport, lawn bowling.
4) TICKETS TO THE E3 EXPO: For the dads who just happen to be video game fanatics… He can check out all the new releases in the video game world, celebrity appearances (we saw the cast of Fantastic Four) and so much more at the E3 Expo. It’s a great vacation for the guys when you and the girls are having a spa weekend.
5) FORMULA 1: Starting this year, F1 comes back to the United States. There will be two races in the U.S. – in Texas and New Jersey. The Jersey race is going to be unbelievable! . You can also get tickets to Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix. It’s only a matter of time before F1 really catches on in the U.S. It’s already the world’s biggest sport by viewership.
6) RED BULL U.S. GRAND PRIX: The Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix is the motorcycle equivalent of F1, and it’s probably the only international level event in Northern California for any sport. These guys go 180 mph on a bike, which is far more dangerous than 200 mph in an F1 car. It’s worth going to all these motorsports events just for the noise – you need to hear it (and be a guy) to understand.
Below you will find quick links to more great resources on Sweet Peas & Stilettos:
*Baby* Modern Mom Favorites – Baby Shower Invitations & Activity Ideas – Mom Blogs & Books – Eco-Friendly Diapers – Best Diaper Bags – Designer Nursery Furniture & Bedding – Baby & Birth Announcements – Strollers – Baby Slings & Carriers – Car Seats – Designer Baby & Kids Clothes & Shoes – Nursing – Natural Soaps & Bath Time – Toys – Children’s Books – Baby Planners – Nanny Agencies – Infant Sleep Consultants – Baby Nurse – Baby Proofing – Sell or Trade Baby Gear – Celebrity Moms – Pregnancy & Maternity – Pregnancy Book & Journals – Designer Maternity Clothes – Pregnancy Websites & Blogs
*Family* Mommy Day Planners & Family Organizers – Back to School Guide – iPhone & iPad Apps for Moms – Photo Hanukkah Cards – Father’s Day Gift Guide – Graduation Announcements – Modern Holiday Cards – Photo Christmas Cards – Christmas Holiday Party Invitations – Mommy Business Cards – Kids Birthday Party Invites – Photos & Albums – Safety – Education – Green Living – Etiquette – Caregiving – Family Health – Money – Pets – Personal Assistants – Modern Personalized Stationery – Costumes & Dress-Up – Family Cars – College Prep – Family Resource Center
*Food* Cupcakes – Chocolate – Family Cookbooks – Grocery Delivery – Veggie Delivery – Meal Delivery & Personal Chefs – Best Organic Baby Food Brands & Recipes – Foodie Websites – Meal Time for Babies & Toddlers – Cute Lunch Boxes
*Travel* Luxury Spas & Mommy Getaways – Family Travel Ideas & Inspiration – Travel Planning & Booking – Home Rentals & House Swapping – Luggage – Family Air Travel Rules & Tips – Private Planes & Concierge – Business Travel Tips
*Work* Cute Laptop Bags for Work – Websites, Books & Blogs for Working Moms – Cute Business Card Holders – Designer iPad Cases – Designer iPhone Cases – Best Companies for Women – Networking & Calling Cards – Job Search – Start Your Own Company – Tips – Start Your Own Company – Resources – Executive MBA Programs for Women
*Give* Get Inspired to Give Back – Shop for a Good Cause – Donate Shoes to Charity – Donate Baby Items – Education – Donate Breast Milk – Children’s Health & Well Being – Human Rights, Advocacy & Financial Empowerment – Homeless Mothers & Children – Women’s Health
*Girl Stuff* Wedding Invitations – Designer Handbags – Bridal Shower Invites – Designer Shoes – Jewelry – Royal Wedding – Wedding Save the Date Cards – Flowers – Fragrance – Denim – Beauty, Makeup & Spa – The Mall – Best Designer Deals – Fashionista – Gossip – Connect – Diet & Fitness – Magazines – Books
*Sole Searching* Alisa’s Collection of Shoe Shopping Stories